The 3rd Annual Seattle Food and Wine Experience offers a “world wide tasting education” on February 27, 2011 from 1-5pm at the Seattle Exhibition Center. The Seattle Food and Wine Experience strives to offer an afternoon of taste sensations that educate and tantalize. Representing the unique culinary desires of Seattle that celebrates the local and international influences, Seattle Food and Wine Experience offers opportunities to taste wines from around the world and locally prepared bites from celebrated Seattle chefs.
This is great opportunity to play with food and wine pairing. The ticket price of $49 allows you to sample from what ever wines, beer, cider you select and to taste the bites that whet your appetite. The food servings are tastes. These samples are small so you can taste a large number of treats from the various chefs instead of trying just a few dishes before you are sated. I heard some complaints about the size of the tastes last year, but those came from people who expected appetizer sized plates or enjoyed the flavors so much they wanted more. One of the dishes that people couldn’t get enough of last year was Ruth’s Chris Steak House Rack of Lamb. Come with an adventurous spirit, ready to pair a number of bites with a number of wines and you won’t be disappointed.
Spend a Sunday afternoon savoring tastes from:
- Andaluca, Executive Chef Wayne A. Johnson
- Arnie’ s Restaurant.com, Executive Chef Bill Pennington
- bin on thelake, Executive Chef R. Paul Hyman
- Blackfish, Chef David Buchanan
- Blueacre Seafood, Executive Chef Kevin Davis
- Boka Kitchen + Bar, Executive Chef Angie Roberts
- The Capital Grille, Executive Chef Paul Vigil
- Chateau Ste Michelle/Chef in the Vineyard, Culinary Director John Sarich
- Cedar Café, Chef Brent Clarkson
- Coho Café, Executive Chef Bruce Nacion
- Copperleaf Restaurant, Executive Chef Mark Bodinet
- Eagle’s Buffet, Chef John Jadamec
- Earth and Ocean, Executive Chef Adam Stevensen
- The Georgian, Executive Chef Gavin Stephenson
- Ivar’s Seafood Restaurant, Executive Chef Jason Bray
- Purple Cafe and Wine Bar, Executive Chef Robb Kirby
- Ray’s Boathouse, Executive Chef Peter Birk
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Executive Chef Ian Branning
- Salty’s on Alki, Executive Chef Jeremy McLachlan
- Taste of Tulalip, Executive Chef Perry Mascitti Pastry & Chef Nikol Nakamura
- Torch Grill, Chef Josh Schiessl
Make sure that you don’t miss out on the Shepard and Chef team for American Lamb, Lola Chef Liam Spencer along with Oregon lamb producer Reed Anderson.
Over 1000 brands of beer, cider and wine will be available for tasting and pairing. Sip wines from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California, Spain, Italy, France, New Zealand, Australia, Argentina and South Africa. Be sure to stop by the comparative wine tasting bar, allowing guests to sample wines from different growing regions via side-by-side comparison. Regions included: Italy, New Zealand, Washington State and Oregon. Or create your own comparative tasting as you wander the aisles. Never had a Italian white wine? Here is your chance. Want to compare Pinot Noirs from around the world? Here is your chance.Want to experiment pairing red wines with chicken? Here is your chance! Have you ever tried a crisp radish with truffle salt paired with a cold beer? Stop by Pike Brewing booth for your chance to tantalize your taste buds!
Be bold and adventurous in your food and wine pairings as you enjoy the event. Ask the chefs for ideas to pair with their dishes or strike up a conversation with someone who is REALLY enjoying their pairing. Nancy, from deVine Table, wrote about some of last year’s successful Seattle Food and Wine Experience food and wine pairings.
Admission to the experience is only $49 per person and includes access to all areas of the event. No one under 21 will be admitted and ID is required. A portion of proceeds from event ticket sales will benefit the Giving Grapes Foundation, a 501c3 organization that provides financial assistance to service industry professionals who have to take time off work due to injury or illness.