You are invited to celebrate the food and wine experience with us. We are launching a food and wine network that will allow us to share our passion with others online and in person. Please join our celebration, and grand experiment, with the fascinating alchemy of food and wine pairing on February 27, 2010 at 6pm.
We love to gather an assortment of wines, then we brain storm a number of dishes that we think might pair well with them. We mix and match dishes, tasting and experimenting, in our search for those pairings that make us sigh in delight and our toes curl in ecstasy. Some of our favorite pairings are classic and some are surprises, but we always have fun! We have gathered over 20 wines for this event, from the grocery store bargain to the high end special occasion wine, and we invite you to join the grand experiment of pairing. We envision a buffet of food and wine samples in our “pairing lab” where “researchers” exchange ideas and inspire in a party environment! We ask that guests bring a dish to contribute to the experiment.
This is where you come in, we are asking all guests to bring some type of food to pair with the wine. It doesn’t have to be fancy food, we have been playing a lot with everyday dinner pairings and picnic food. We have also been exploring pairing vegetarian and vegan dishes with red wine as well as locally grown and produced pairings. What intrigues you? It is an opportunity to experiment! Just to whett your appetite, these are some of the dishes that we will be bringing.
- Scallop Chowder
- Onion Fritatta
- Fig and olive tapenade
- Pear and Gorgonzola Risotto
- Lamb roast stuffed with spinach and feta cheese
- Black Lentil Ragout -vegan
- Italian Eggplant Ragout -vegan
This is our proposed wine list, it might shift as we continue to re-evalute our cellars and as people tell us what food they are bringing. Do you have a wine that you have been dying to pair? Bring it to the party!
- 1998 Cadence Spring Valley
- 2000 Hedges Red Mountain Reserve
- 2001 Leonetti Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2003 Northstar Merlot Walla Walla Valley
- 2003 Northstar Merlot Columbia Valley
- 2003 JM Cellars Columbia Valley Cuvee
- 2004 Coto de Imaz Rioja Reserva
- 2006 Carpenter Creek Semillon Ice Wine
- 2006 Chateau Pesquié Quintessence – Ventoux Rhône Valley Vineyards
- 2006 Greg Norman Cabernet Merlot -Limestone Coast
- 2006 St Laurent Lucky Red
- 2006 Wilridge Nebbiolo di Klipsun
- 2007 Bodega Trapiche Broquel Chardonnay
- 2007 Carpenter Creek Signature Series Chardonnay
- 2007 Olympic Cellars Dungeness Red Lemberger
- 2007 Icicle Ridge Winery Muscat Blanc
- 2007 Maryhill Winemakers White
- 2007 McCrea Cellars Rousanne
- 2007 Walter Dacon C’est Syrah Belle
- 2007 Walter Dacon Vin a Dessert (Port of Syrah)
- 2007 William Church Winery Malbec
- 2008 Bainbridge Island Vineyards Siegerrebe
- 2008 Barnard Griffin Sangiovese Rose
- 2008 Folonari Pinot Grigio
- 2008 McLaren Vale Chardonnay
- 2008 Walter Dacon Viognier
- NW Totem Cellars Cab Franc
- NW Totem Cellars Reserve Elerding Vineyard Syrah
- NW Totem Cellars Salish
We are inviting people who share our passion and fascination with food and wine. Wine lovers, chefs, wine makers, foodies, wine students and bloggers will be gathering for this celebration.
Food and Wine Pairing Network launch party on February 27 at 6pm at Salish Village Condominiums Community Room, 12500 NE 132ND ST., Kirkland, WA 98034. Directions are here.
Bring an appetite, an inquisitive mind and a dish to share and pair. We would be delighted if you would bring your recipe with your dish. Knowing the specific ingredients in a dish will help guests select their wines to try with your dish. You are also welcome to bring a bottle of your own wine to share if you are curious as to how it pairs with a variety of foods.
No related posts.